Monday, February 4, 2008

Shout, shout, let it all out...

Day 2 (Feb 2nd) Adventure:

Happy Birthday Julie P!

Because of her birthday I tried a new place Saturday night. The Shout House in Block E.

The picture doesn't quite do it justice. Here is the deal, it is a dueling piano bar, which will play your request...pretty much any song you can think off. Usually by the end of the night you will sing along to at least one, if not two, of your favorite Bon Jovi songs or fumble through the 12 words you actually know from some song that goes, 'bye, bye Miss American Pie. Took my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry. Good ole boys drinkin' something, something, something...' - you get the idea.

Now, yes, I have the uptown/downtown chip on my shoulder. Going to anything at Block E is just, well, gross. But I couldn't believe how packed it was. I mean, packed. And with enough drinks, a pretty good time. Not something I would do...often, but a good time.

No comments: