Saturday, February 2, 2008

Woke up with car keys in my pocket

For those of you who don't know...I don't own a car. But this morning I woke up with car keys in my pocket. And I have to say, the 29 days of interesting project starts off with a little bit of a bang. So my evening went something like this...












All dressed up and decided I needed someplace new to go. I had never been to Zelo. But with this being the 29 day project month, I had to go. Overall, it is not my scene. Not even close. Though I was dressed for the part I could barely take anything seriously.

Here is what I mean. The crowd is probably a bit higher end clientèle. But the people I was chatting it up with at the bar were all drinking Captain and Cokes. Now, I am one to judge. And for all the I-make-lots-of-money chest beating going on...the dude with the crazy hair (me) and the girl with a lollipop were the only ones drinking decent drinks for the atmosphere. She, champagne. Myself a nice Pinot Noir. When I asked her if she wanted to leave and check at someplace else, her mouth said "no" but her eyes said, "yes, please get me out of here".

The rest of the night was filled with bar hopping between different groups of friends. The car keys in my pocket? They people to a friend of mine who needs her dog let out today. What, it was a witty headline.

Tonight's plans - art opening and then a piano bar I've never been to.

No comments: